Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

In The Beginning

September 24, 2010

Any cat lovers out there? This blog will deal with migrating two feral cats into the Gallery At Spicewood as loving, people trusting felines. I learned a lot about cats during this transition and just how adaptable pussycats can be if treated lovingly and honestly. The cat's names are Roo and Squad Car and here are pictures of the little rascals.



Roo is on the left and Squad car is on the right. Roo is short for "kangaroo" because she can jump to amazing heights and Squad Car is so named because she is black and white just like the police squad cars of years past. They are both just over a year old now, but I first got them when they were very young kittens. More about that experience later.

The problem with having cats in a Pastel studio/gallery is the mess. Pastels are very messy and dusty. They break easily and just touching them turns your fingers or hands into a color spreading nightmare. So, you can see how important it is to keep the kitties from frolicking in the pastels. To drive the point home, right after I moved both of the felines into gallery, I forgot to cover one small tray of soft pastels and went home dumb and happy. When I got to the gallery the next morning, I had two, count them, two new pastel artists very proud of their new colored fur and feet. Plus Technicolor paw prints over most of my studio. They had been very busy that night and I spent most of the day cleaning kittens and cat-proofing the remaining pastels in the studio.


No comments:

Post a Comment