Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Home Cats

November 14, 2010

Let's take a break from the gallery cats for a day or two and I will introduce you to my cats at the house.  I will start with my SPC (Senior Pussy Cat) - Vera.  She has been with me for about six years and is my only indoor/outdoor cat.  By that I mean she can be let outside without supervision and comes back inside before dark (or whenever she wants to come in).  Vera is very mellow, gentle, and is a big time talker.  She meows , purrs, squeals, and emits a few sounds I have never hear come out of a cat.  Later on in the blog I will get back to Vera and some of her eccentricities.  Here are a couple of mug shots of Vera.



On the right, I just told her a really funny dog joke.

My next senior kitty is Agnes.  She is the most independent of all my feline friends.  She is very athletic, very fast, very thin, and runs everywhere. She is the real boss of the house and everyone pretty much does as she asks.  If not, punishment is swift and vicious.  However, she trains very well. There is a low rock wall (about a foot high) that encloses our property and I trained Agnes not to go past the rock wall.  She knows if she does, I will take her back inside the house.  So, she can go outside under supervision.  I take her out two or three times a day (when it is warm-she does not like cold weather at all) and watch her do cat stuff.  When I call her name and use the phrase "chica chica", she comes running and waits at the door to be let in.  One other strange habit Agnes has is she will not use the bathroom while she outside.  If she has to go potty, she will go to the door and wait to be let in and then scampers to the litter box and does her business. Then she wants back outside.

Here are a couple of shots of Miss Agnes.

Big time nap attack on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment