Search This Blog

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cat Proofed My Foot!

January 11, 2010

It never fails.  Just when I thought everything in the gallery had been "cat proofed" they find a new way to prove me wrong.  These two cats have way to much time on their paws!  

I had (you notice that is past tense) a thick, plastic bag of shipping peanuts (those white Styrofoam things) stashed under my work bench in the gallery. It had been there for at least a year with no problems at all.  I came in this morning and it looked like it had snowed back in the studio part of the gallery.  The plastic was really thick on this bag.  I had trouble opening it originally and finally had to cut it open with scissors. Silly me assumed if I had to use scissors to open the bag, it was probably safe from the gang of two.  Wrong again! From the forensic evidence I gathered, both of them took turns working on a single spot on the bag with their teeth and claws.  I don't know how long it took to finally break into the bag, but they accomplished that task last night. Then they enlarged the original small hole so both of them could get into the bag and enjoy the winter wonderland inside the bag.

But, they wanted me to also enjoy the beauty of winter. They made the hole really big and started running in and out of the bag while spreading peanuts all over the place.  They are so thoughtful that way.  I knew something was wrong the minute I walked in.  Squad Car (black and white) looked like she had a terminal case dandruff.  The humidity has been really low these past couple of days so the static electricity made little pieces of broken peanuts stick to her coat.  I examined Roo closer, and she also had a bad case of peanut dandruff.  Both of them sat there looking at me and I could imagine the little thought blurbs over their heads saying "Do I Need a Lawyer"?  It was an open and shut case and no lawyer worth his or her salt would touch the case.  Guilty as charged was the verdict. Big deal!  What was I going to do to them.

I found a large sturdy card board box and started shoveling peanuts into the box.  It is a heavy duty box, so the peanuts should be safe.  They both wanted to help, but it was way past their nap time so helping me was not an option.  They napped, I peanuted (I am pretty sure "peanuted" is not a word, but that's what I did). When Squad Car finished her nap, the first thing she did was go sniff the box with the peanuts in it, then looked up at me and I swear she smiled.  I am going to lock the scissors in a drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment