Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Feline Therapists

When I come into the gallery in the morning and find some small catastrophe (notice what the first three letters spell in CATastrophe) such as the peanut caper or the broken shelf incident (see previous blog entries), or cat vomit on my keyboard, it tends to upset me.  Then, two little souls so glad to see me come running to the front of the gallery and welcome me with purrs, tails twitches, and rubbing.  My point, they are always glad to see me no matter what my mood, how I look, or what I am wearing.  All I can do is love them back.

I am not perfect.  I have stepped on tails, been late with the chow, treated them rudely when I have not had a good morning or day, and within ten minutes, we are best buddies again.  They do not hold a grudge for long. Wish I could say that about me and my dealings with humans.  Cats live in the moment.  I think this is probably true for all animals, domesticated or wild.  

Humans can learn so much about living a good life from these little therapists.  I have customers  come into the gallery far the first time and not be too terribly friendly or outgoing.  Most of the time, I can pick up Squad Car, walk into the gallery holding her in my arms with her purr motor revving and ask the person "do you like cats".  Even if the initial answer is no, within a couple of minutes, Squad Car is getting petted and the person is more open and friendly. A win-win situation almost every time.  

There is nothing like a happy, purring cat to make a happy, purring human being.

No comments:

Post a Comment